https://mybodygx.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/spring-clean.jpg 900 1200 Kati Epps https://mybodygx.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/logo-dark.png Kati Epps2020-02-01 09:00:002020-04-11 09:38:04Spring Clean Eating!
Spring Clean Eating!
We love spring and summer foods! They are fresh, bright, colorful, and full of flavor! How can you Spring Clean your Eating?
Fresh fruits, especially berries, are high in antioxidants, anti inflammatory, and full of vitamins!
Fresh vegetables bring in great flavors, are low in calories, carbs, and full of minerals!
Bring on the warm weather, patio dining, and fresh spring foods! We love to grill, entertain friends, all while keeping the foods clean and bright. Not only does it taste great, but can have the benefits of cleaning out your gut in the process! Here are 5 fresh and tasty options for cleaning up your system:
- Apples: Pectin in apples helps in removing all the toxins from the colon and strengthening the intestinal lining. Apples are rich in fiber which helps in relieving your digestive tract of all obstructions as well.
- Avocados: The rich soluble and insoluble fibers of avocado promote bowel movements and help in keeping the colon clean.
- Berries: Berries are high in antioxidants, full of fiber, fight inflammation, lower cholesterol, and help keep your arteries healthy
- Dark Leafy Greens: Leafy greens are super high in chlorophyll, which will cleanse the colon and help to detoxify your liver at the same time.
- Lemons: Lemons stimulate the liver to produce bile, which helps the digestive system function better overall. By producing more bile, the stomach works better, moving things along and cleaning the large intestine.
- Pineapple: Packed with nutrients, antioxidants and other helpful compounds, such as enzymes that can fight inflammation and disease. Pineapple and its compounds have been linked to many health benefits, including aiding digestion, boosting immunity and speeding up recovery from surgery, among others.
Enjoy your Spring Clean Eating!!!